6th Grade Unit 1 Test: Part 1
Multiple Choice: Select the correct answer and write the letter of the answer in the answer box.
1) Which expression is modeled by the diagram below?
2) Which equation is represented by the model?
3) Which expression has the same value as 3
Show your work in the "show work" space provided. Put your final answer in the answer box
4) What is the value of
5) 8) A model train is 15 inches long. Each car in this train 2 inches in length. How many cars are in the train?
6) An art teacher had gallon of paint to pour into containers. If he poured gallon of paint into each container until he ran out of paint, how many containers had paint was he able to fill completely?
7) Omar has 2 cups of dough to make dumplings. If he uses cup of dough for each dumpling, how many whole dumplings can Omar make?
Questions 8 & 9: Each runner in an 8-mile relay race runs 4/5 of a mile.
8) Use the number line to find 8, the number of runners on a relay team.
9) How many runners are on the relay team?
Questions 10 & 11 Raven is making pillows. Each pillow requires 3/5 yard of fabric. Raven Has 6 yards of fabric.
10) Use a number line to find 6 the number of pillows Raven can make.
11) How many pillows can Raven make?
Complete this problem by using a model AND the algorithm in the "show work" area. Put your final answer in the box
12) Naomi’s recipe for baked beans calls for 7cups of kidney beans. Each can of kidney beans holds 1 cups. How many cans of kidney beans will Naomi use to make the recipe? Show your answer by a model and using the math algorithm.