Angle-Side-Angle Triangle Congruence
1) What triangle congruence theorem could you use to prove triangle is congruent to triangle ?
2) Han wrote a proof that triangle is congruent to triangle . Han's proof is incomplete. How can Han fix his proof?
1. Line is parallel to line and cut by transversal . So angles and are alternate interior angles and must be congruent.
2. Side is congruent to side because they're the same segment.
3. Angle is congruent to angle because they're both right angles.
4. By the Angle-Side-Angle Triangle Congruence Theorem, triangle is congruent to triangle .
3) Segment is an angle bisector of both angle and angle . Prove triangle is congruent to triangle .
4) Triangles and are isosceles. Angle has a measure of 33 degrees and angle has a measure of 35 degrees. Find the measure of angle .
5) Which conjecture is possible to prove?
6) Andre is drawing a triangle that is congruent to this one. He begins by constructing an angle congruent to angle . What is the least amount of additional information that Andre needs to construct a triangle congruent to this one?
7) Here is a diagram of a straightedge and compass construction. is the center of one circle, and is the center of the other. Which segment has the same length as segment ?