1) Here is a diagram of a straightedge and compass construction. is the center of one circle, and is the center of the other. Explain why the length of segment is the same as the length of segment .
2) Clare used a compass to make a circle with a radius the same length as segment . She labeled the center . Which statement is true?
3) The diagram was constructed with straightedge and compass tools. Points , , , , and are all on line segment . Name a line segment that is half the length of .
4) Explain how you know.
This diagram was constructed with straightedge and compass tools. is the center of one circle, and is the center of the other.
5) The 2 circles intersect at point . Label the other intersection point .
6) How does the length of segment compare to the length of segment ?