Cell Structure Vocabulary
This Biology assignment contains 10 questions where students focus on defining cell organelles. These exercises provide practice for Structure, Function, and Information Processing.
Match each description with a vocabulary word. (Not all words are used.)
Cell Wall Centrioles Chloroplast Cytoplasm
Golgi Apparatus Lysosome Mitochondria Nuclear Membrane
Nucleolus Nucleus Peroxisome Plasma Membrane
Ribosomes Rough Endoplasmic Reticulum Smooth Endoplasmic Reticulum Vacuole
1) The interior of a cell contains the nucleus and organelles surrounded by this substance.
2) Phospholipid bilayer which separates a cell's interior from the surrounding environment.
3) Chlorophyll is stored in this structure to help plants perform photosynthesis.
4) A compartment which can store or transport materials within a cell.
5) This small, dense sphere builds ribosomal subunits from proteins and rRNA.
6) A cell structure which synthesizes proteins.
7) ATP is generated here through cellular respiration.
8) Lipids are synthesized at this organelle.
9) A rigid structure that helps cells maintain their shape.
10) This organelle packages molecules for the cell to use or store.