Congruent Parts, Part 1
1) When rectangle is reflected across line , the image is . How do you know that segment is congruent to segment ?
A rectangle has 2 pairs of parallel sides.
Any 2 sides of a rectangle are congruent.
Congruent parts of congruent figures are corresponding.
Corresponding parts of congruent figures are congruent.
2) Triangle is the image of isosceles triangle after a reflection across line . Select the statements that are a result of corresponding parts of congruent triangles being congruent. Write each corresponding letter in the answer box and separate letters with commas.
a) is a rectangle. b) has 4 congruent sides. c) Diagonal bisects angles and .
d) Diagonal is perpendicular to side . e) Angle is congruent to angle .
3) Reflect right triangle across line .
4) Classify triangle according to its side lengths.
5) Explain how you know.
6) Triangles and are translations of triangle .
Select the statements that be true. Write each corresponding letter in the answer box and separate letters with commas.
a) Points , , and are collinear. b) The measure of angle is the same as the measure of angle .
c) Line is parallel to line . d) The measure of angle is the same as the measure of angle .
e) The measure of angle is the same as the measure of angle .
f) Triangle is a reflection of triangle .
Triangle is congruent to triangles and .
7) Explain why points , , and are collinear.
8) Explain why line is parallel to line .
9) Identify a figure that is the result of a rigid transformation of quadrilateral .
10) Describe a rigid transformation that would take to that figure.