Congruent Parts, Part 1
Notice and Wonder: Transformed Rectangles
1) What do you notice? What do you wonder?
If We Know This, Then We Know That...
Triangle is congruent to triangle .
2) Find a sequence of rigid motions that takes triangle to triangle .
3) What is the image of segment after that transformation?
4) Explain how you know those segments are congruent.
5) Justify that angle is congruent to angle .
6) Draw a triangle.
7) Find the midpoint of the longest side of your triangle.
8) Rotate your triangle using the midpoint of the longest side as the center of the rotation.
9) Label the parts and mark what must be congruent.
Make a conjecture and justify it.
10) What type of quadrilateral have you formed?
11) What is the definition of that quadrilateral type?
12) Why must the quadrilateral you have fit the definition?