1) Draw the image of quadrilateral when rotated counterclockwise around the point .
2) There is an equilateral triangle,, inscribed in a circle with center . What is the smallest angle you can rotate triangle around so that the image of is ?
3) Which segment is the image of when rotated counterclockwise around point ?
4) The semaphore alphabet is a way to use flags to signal messages. Here's how to signal the letter Q. Describe a transformation that would take the right hand flag to the left hand flag.
5) Below are 2 polygons.
Select all sequences of translations, rotations, and reflections below that would take polygon to polygon . Write each corresponding letter in the answer box and separate letters with commas.
a) Rotate around point .
b) Translate so that is taken to . Then reflect over line .
c) Rotate counterclockwise around point and then reflect over the line .
d) Reflect over the line and then rotate counterclockwise around point .
e) Reflect over line and then translate by directed line segment .
6) Draw the image of figure when translated by directed line segment . Label the image of as , the image of as , and the image of as .
7) Explain why the line containing is parallel to the line containing .
8) There is a sequence of rigid transformations that takes to , to , and to . The same sequence takes to . Draw and label :