Dilating Lines and Angles
1) Angle is taken by dilation with center and scale factor 3 to angle . The measure of angle is . What is the measure of angle ?
2) Select all lines that could be the image of line by a dilation. Write each corresponding letter in the answer box and separate letters with commas.
a) b) c) d) e)
3) Dilate line with a scale factor of 2. The image is line . Which labeled point could be the center of this dilation?
4) Quadrilateral is the image of quadrilateral after a dilation centered at . What is the scale factor of this dilation?
5) A polygon has a perimeter of 18 units. It is dilated with a scale factor of . What is the perimeter of its image?
6) Solve the equation.
7) Here are some measurements for triangle and triangle :
Angle and angle are both 30 degrees
and both measure 3 units
and both measure 2 units
Andre thinks thinks these triangles must be congruent. Clare says she knows they might not be congruent. Construct 2 triangles with the given measurements that aren't congruent. Explain why triangles with 3 congruent parts aren't necessarily congruent.