Finding All the Unknown Values in Triangles
1) In the right triangles shown, the measure of angle is the same as the measure of angle . What is the length of side ?
2) In right triangle , angle is a right angle, , and . What is the length of ?
3) In this diagram, lines and are parallel, and line is perpendicular to each of them. What is a reasonable estimate for the length of side ?
Given: , ,
4) Select all of the right triangles. Write each corresponding letter in the answer box and separate letters with commas.
a) Triangle with , , and b) Triangle with , , and
c) Triangle with , , and d) Triangle with , , and
e) Triangle with , , and
Andre says he can find the length of the third side of triangle and it is 13 units. Mai disagrees and thinks that the side length is unknown.
5) Who do you agree with?
6) Show or explain your reasoning.
7) In right triangle , altitude with length is drawn to its hypotenuse. We also know and . What is the value of ?
8) Select the sequence of transformations that would show that triangles and are similar. The length of is 6.