One Hundred and Eighty
The triangles here are each obtained by applying rigid motions to triangle 1.
1) Which triangles are translations of triangle 1?
2) Explain how you know.
3) Which triangles are not translations of triangle 1?
4) Explain how you know.
The quadrilateral is a parallelogram. Find the measure of angles 1, 2, and 3.
5) Angle 1:
6) Angle 2:
7) Angle 3:
8) In the figure shown, lines and are parallel. Select the angle that is congruent to angle 1.
9) Angle is congruent to angle . Name another pair of congruent angles.
10) Explain how you know.
11) Describe a transformation that could be used to show that corresponding angles are congruent.
12) Describe a transformation that could be used to show that alternate interior angles are congruent.
13) Lines and meet at point .
Which of these must be true? Select all that apply. Write each corresponding letter in the answer box and separate letters with commas.
a) A 180 degree clockwise rotation using center takes to .
b) The image of after a 180 degree rotation using center lies on ray .
c) If a 180 degree rotation using center takes to then it also takes to .
d) Angle is congruent to angle . e) Angle is congruent to angle .
14) Points , , and are collinear. Explain why points , , and are collinear.
15) Draw the image of figure after a clockwise rotation around point using angle and then a translation by the directed line segment .
16) Describe another sequence of transformations that will result in the same image.
17) Triangle is congruent to triangle . Describe a sequence of rigid motions that takes to , to , and to .