Practice With Proportional Relationships
1) Quadrilateral is similar to quadrilateral . Select all statements that must be true. Write each corresponding letter in the answer box and separate letters with commas.
a) b) c) d) e)
2) Line and are both vertical. What is the length of ?
The quilt is made of squares with diagonals. Side length is 2.
3) What is the length of ?
4) What is the area of triangle ?
5) Segment is parallel to segment . What is the length of segment ?
Elena thinks length is 16.5 units. Lin thinks the length of is 17.1 units.
6) Do you agree with either of them?
7) Explain or show your reasoning.
Mai thinks knowing the measures of 2 sides is enough to show triangle similarity.
8) Do you agree?
9) Explain or show your reasoning.
10) Line is dilated with a center of dilation at . The image is line . Approximate the scale factor.