Reasoning about Similarity with Transformations
1) Sketch a figure that is similar to this figure. Label side and angle measures.
2) Write 2 different sequences of transformations that would show that triangles and are similar. The length of is 6 units.
3) What is the definition of similarity?
4) Select all figures which are similar to Parallelogram . Write each corresponding letter in the answer box and separate letters with commas.
a) Figure a b) Figure b c) Figure c d) Figure d e) Figure e
5) Find a sequence of rigid transformations and dilations that takes square to square .
6) Triangle is formed by connecting the midpoints of the sides of triangle . What is the perimeter of triangle ?
7) Select the quadrilateral for which the diagonal is a line of symmetry.
8) Triangles and are each translations of triangle . Explain why angle has the same same measure as angle .