1) Here are 4 triangles that have each been transformed by a different transformation. Which figure shows a transformation that is not a rigid transformation?
2) What is the definition of congruence?
3) There is a sequence of rigid transformations that takes to , to , and to . The same sequence takes to . Draw and label :
4) Three schools are located at points , , and . The school district wants to locate its new stadium at a location that will be roughly the same distance from all 3 schools. Where should they build the stadium?
5) Explain or show your reasoning.
6) To construct a line passing through point that is parallel to the line , Han constructed the perpendicular bisector of and then drew line .
Is guaranteed to be parallel to ?
7) Explain how you know.
8) This diagram is a straightedge and compass construction of a line perpendicular to line passing through point . Select all the statements that must be true. Write each corresponding letter in the answer box and separate letters with commas.
a) b) c) d) e) f)