Side-Side-Angle (Sometimes) Congruence
1) Which of the following criteria always proves triangles congruent? Select all that apply. Write each corresponding letter in the answer box and separate letters with commas.
a) 3 congruent angles b) 3 congruent sides c) Corresponding congruent Side-Angle-Side d) Corresponding congruent Side-Side-Angle e) Corresponding congruent Angle-Side-Angle
2) Here are some measurements for triangle and triangle :
- Angle and angle are both 30
- and both measure 6 units
- and both measure 4 units
Lin thinks thinks these triangles must be congruent. Priya says she knows they might not be congruent. Construct 2 triangles with the given measurements that aren't congruent.
3) Explain why triangles with 3 congruent parts aren't necessarily congruent.
Jada states that diagonal bisects angles and .
4) Is she correct?
5) Explain your reasoning.
6) Select all true statements based on the diagram. Write each corresponding letter in the answer box and separate letters with commas.
a) Angle is congruent to angle . b) Angle is congruent to angle . c) Segment is congruent to segment . d) Segment is congruent to segment . e) Line is parallel to line . f) Line is parallel to line .
7) is a kite. Angle has a measure of 94 degrees and angle has a measure of 112 degrees. Find the measure of angle .
Andre is thinking through a proof using a reflection to show that a triangle is isosceles given that its base angles are congruent. Complete the missing information for his proof.
Construct such that is the perpendicular bisector of segment . We know angle is congruent to 1 . is congruent to 2 since is the perpendicular bisector of . Angle 3 is congruent to angle 4 because they are both right angles. Triangle is congruent to triangle 5 because of the 6 Triangle Congruence Theorem. is congruent to 7 because they are corresponding parts of congruent triangles. Therefore, triangle is an isosceles triangle.
Fill in the blanks using items from the Bank of Terms below. Some items might be used more than once.
Bank of Terms: , , , , ,
8) Blank 1
9) Blank 2
10) Blanks 3 and 4, answers separated by a comma.
11) Blank 5
12) Blank 6
13) Blank 7
14) The triangles are congruent. Which sequence of rigid motions takes triangle onto triangle ?