Splitting Triangle Sides with Dilation, Part 1
1) What is the measure of angle ?
2) Triangle is formed by connecting the midpoints of the sides of triangle . The lengths of the sides of are shown. What is the length of ?
3) Angle is taken by a dilation with center and scale factor to angle . The measure of angle is . What is the measure of angle ?
4) Draw 2 lines that could be the image of line by a dilation. Label the lines and .
5) Is it possible for polygon to be dilated to figure ?
6) Explain your reasoning.
7) Triangle is scaled and the image is . Select all of the equations that could be used to solve for . Write each corresponding letter in the answer box and separate letters with commas.
a) b) c) d) e)
8) Lin is using the diagram to prove the statement, “If a parallelogram has one right angle, it is a rectangle.” Given that is a parallelogram and angle is a right angle, write a statement that will help prove angle is also a right angle.
9) Han then states that the 2 triangles created by diagonal must be congruent. Help Han write a proof that triangle is congruent to triangle .