This two-way table shows the results of asking students if they prefer to have gym class in the morning or the afternoon.
1) How many students participated in the survey?
2) How many students in grade 8 prefer to have gym in the morning?
3) How many grade 10 students participated in the survey?
4) How many students prefer to have gym in the afternoon?
A random sample of adults are asked about their preferences for a first dinner date with someone. Given the following information, find the values for each of the labeled cells in the table.
- 122 people responded to the survey.
- 50 of the people who said they order dessert said they also prefer to split the check.
- 68 people prefer splitting the check.
- 56 people prefer to skip dessert rather than ordering one.
5) Cell A
6) Cell B
7) Cell C
8) Cell D
9) Students in the 7th, 8th, and 9th grade were asked whether they prefer to write in pen or pencil.
- 40 students prefer to write in pen.
- 60 students prefer to write in pencil.
Create values that could represent the number of students in the 7th, 8th, and 9th grade that responded to the survey.
10) A recent study observed the number of bike riders ages 0 to 20 that wear helmets. The results are represented in the table.
Make an observation based on a data value that is not in the table. Explain your reasoning.