We’re hiring a Math Content Editor!
What is Bakpax?
Bakpax® uses artificial intelligence to “auto-grade” schoolwork in seconds. We save teachers the time and trouble of grading. We give them free standards-aligned content. And we give students instant feedback on their work, to increase their engagement and understanding.
Background on the Role
Bakpax was built for teachers. We have been working directly with teachers for the past two years to create the product they want and need. We continue to bring this feedback into the product every day. High quality educational material that is aligned to Common Core State Standards is one of their biggest needs, so we’re building a massive free content library that gives them just that. And they never have to grade any of it! And that’s where you come in.
We are seeking a math content editor to join our team of content editors and help to build one of the most valuable free resources for teachers on the internet. You will assist with adding educational math content into our database, applying content standards to material, and ensuring the high quality of this educational content. This will be a valuable experience for any recent college graduate with a math, science, or computer science background looking for a great opportunity to develop professionally, while helping to improve the lives of teachers.
Who are you?
You have a degree in mathematics, science, or computer science and enjoy a systematic approach to problem solving.
You are interested in making education better, and you want to spend your time working towards something valuable. You thrive in fast-paced, small-team environments, and you have a positive, can-do attitude.
What will you do?
- Work with online databases
- Work with online textbooks
- Rewrite tables and mathematical expressions using LaTeX
- Break down math problems into parts with specific answers
- Solve K-12 grade math problems
- Assign Common Core State Standards to math problems
- Ensure optimal content quality
- 4 year college degree in math, science, or computer science.
- Some experience with the LaTeX typesetting computer program
- Creative problem solver.
- Experience with database applications like Excel and Google Sheets
- Detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills
More about the job
- Money – we will pay you.
- Remote – we work remotely. This is nice, and, like anything, has its drawbacks. We’re committed to helping each other work remotely while building a strong culture. We get together in person from time to time to have fun and work together.
How to Apply
To apply please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Short paragraph explaining why you want to be a math content editor at Bakpax
- Your resume