Using Bakpax on your Chromebook is easy. For E-Learning, students can use their Chromebooks to view, complete and submit assignments completely online. Or, students can print, complete and upload assignments using the camera on Chromebook if they prefer to work offline. (See below regarding Chromebook cameras.)
As a teacher, you can:
- Easily import or create and customize assignments, and assign work to your students
- See what students completed correctly, and what they may need more help on
- Easily track student progress with detailed reports
Students will be able to:
- See what work they need to complete by which date
- Easily view, complete, and submit assignments
- Get instant feedback on every autograded question
New to Bakpax? See the bottom of this page for links to helpful information on how to get started using Bakpax.
HOW TO USE BAKPAX FOR CHROMEBOOKS
We recently launched the ability for students to complete their work directly on Bakpax, without ever leaving the site.
That means that students can complete their Bakpax assignments from any device that has an internet connection.
Here’s how students can complete Bakpax Assignments online with a Chromebook:
HOW TO COMPLETE BAKPAX ASSIGNMENTS ONLINE
HOW IT WORKS
1. When you Assign an assignment to a classroom, ensure that “Allow Students to Complete Online” is turned on.
2. When students log in to Bakpax and click on their assignment, they will be able to choose the option Complete Online.
3. Students can read through sections and instructions, write their answers, and see their progress on the assignment.
The progress bar is located above the “Back” and “Next” buttons. White indicates the current question, light purple indicates a question that has already been answered, and the darker purple indicates questions left to answer.
Students can also skip ahead and go back to questions that they are unsure about before submitting. Please note that once students start an assignment, they must complete all questions and submit. If they exit the assignment in the middle of working, they will have to begin again.
4. When students are finished, they can submit their work. Once they submit their answers, students will get instant feedback.
They will also see the correct answers, if you selected “Show Correct Answers” when you assigned the assignment.
This process has been designed to be engaging and motivating for students. They may even be lucky enough to see a surprise on their results page! 🦙
5. As a teacher, you’ll be able to see the results roll in as assignments are submitted and keep track of student progress.
From the Assigned Work, you can see what students got correct and incorrect, and grade answers manually for questions where you turned Autograde off. For more information on manual grading, click here.
OTHER STUDENT UPLOAD OPTIONS
Your students can still print and take a photo of their handwritten assignments, or download the blank assignment PDF, edit it, and submit the file to Bakpax. The following section explains how to submit an assignment using a picture of the assignment.
TAKING PICTURES OF ASSIGNMENTS WITH CHROMEBOOKS
Taking pictures with older model Chromebooks may present a few challenges in terms of picture quality due to low resolution. However, more recent models of Chromebooks include better and better cameras, ensuring that your picture quality will be easily readable by Bakpax.
Here are some tips for taking pictures of your assignment:
a) Take a picture of the handout.
After selecting the assignment that they want to upload, students will be prompted to upload an image of their assignment.
For more information on the entire upload process, click here.
b) Capturing the Codes
When taking a picture of their handout, students must be sure to capture the four QR codes in the corners of the page and the barcode at the bottom. The AI will use these codes to identify the assignment and locate the answers.
c) Once a clear image is submitted, Bakpax will process it.
d) Multiple Page Assignments
If the assignment is multiple pages long, students will be prompted to upload each page individually.
e) Review Responses
After the entire assignment has been uploaded, students will review how their handwriting was read and submit their work to view their grade.
Here are some additional resources to help you navigate Bakpax:
If you need help getting started with Bakpax, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to offer answers to your questions or schedule a one-on-one demo to teach you how to use Bakpax.