Our dynamic layouts allow you to easily create and customize handouts for your students. Bakpax can then read student handwriting and grade the assignments in seconds.
When creating assignments, please note that the autograding feature works best for any question whose answer is numeric, equations, or a few words. You can also easily grade diagrams, graphs, or other long responses with our “Manual” grade option.
To create an assignment, you can start by either Importing from File or Creating a New Blank Assignment.
Once you have created a new assignment, you can customize it in several ways.
On this page, we will show you how to:
- Create and customize instructional text
- Customize question area size
- Preview your assignment
- Print assigned work
We’ll also share Helpful Tips that will help you when creating assignments.
1. CREATING AND CUSTOMIZING INSTRUCTIONAL TEXT
You can add instructions at four different levels (outlined in the table and illustrations below) to help students navigate the assignment.
You can adjust instructions by:
- adding section text to divide the assignment (Image 2a)
- adding subsection text to group questions (Image 2b)
- adding instructions for sets of questions (Image 2c)
- adding question instructions for individual questions (Image 2d)
Where to Add
|Sections||Separate large groups of questions||Short||Black||Section Menu (Image 2a)||Subsections Instructions Questions|
|Subsections||Separate small groups of questions||Short||Excluded||Section Menu (Image 2b)||Instructions Questions|
|Instructions||Describe how to determine a few answers||Varies||Excluded||Section Menu (Image 2c) or Subsection Menu (2c)||N/A|
|Questions||Describe how to determine one answer||Varies||Blank*||Section Menu (Image 2d) or Subsection Menu (2d)||N/A|
*Please note that if you Import from File, then the question field will be filled in
Image 1: Instructional Text on Demo Handout
WHERE TO ADD ITEMS:
Image 2a: Use the Section Menu to add additional sections.
Image 2b: Use the Section Menu to add additional sections.
Instructions: An instruction item can be added from either the Section Menu or the Subsection Menu.
Questions: The Section Menu or Subsection Menu can also be used to add questions.
2. CUSTOMIZING QUESTIONS AREA SIZE
You can adjust the size of each question by:
- changing the number of columns (Image 4a)
- altering the answer box height, and/or (Image 4b)
- adding various amounts of work area (Image 4c)
Where to Add
|Columns||Manipulate Width||2 Columns||Auto Adjust||1, 2, or 3||Section Menu|
|Answer Box||Manipulate Height||Extra-Short||Extra-Short||Extra-Short, Short. Medium, or Long||Always Included|
|Work Area||Manipulate Height||Small (when work is required)||Excluded||Small, Medium, Large||Question Menu|
Image 3: Question Sizing on Demo Handout
WHERE TO ADD ITEMS:
Columns: Use the Section Menu to set the number of columns of question to 1, 2, 3, or let Bakpax auto adjust given the content.
Image 4b: Answer Box: Increase the answer box height from extra-short to short, medium, or long with the Question Menu.
Image 4c: Work Area: Add a small, medium, or large work area from the Question Menu.
3. PREVIEW YOUR ASSIGNMENT
Once you have saved your assignment, you can close and preview it on the Assignment Details Page.
Image 5: Assignment Details page
4. PRINT ASSIGNED WORK
After your assignment is complete, assign it to a class to print the handout for your students.
Image 6: Printing Assigned Work
- Assign point values for each question
- Try vertical and horizontal ordering to optimize spacing
- Create white space with “enter” or “tab” to further customize spacing
- Send us your assignments and we’ll import them for you with “Magic!”
- Play with the advanced setting in our Math Editor to create tables, symbols, and more