Bakpax is an education technology startup using AI and Big Data to improve the lives of K-12 teachers and students. Teachers are overworked and underappreciated. Bakpax wants to help carry some of the load.
Started by the founder of adaptive learning giant Knewton, the head of global content marketing for Outbrain, and the head of engineering for Arena, a healthcare predictive analytics company, Bakpax has received funding from the world’s leading edtech VC firm, Owl Ventures, the co-founder of Twitter’s firm, Obvious Ventures, and the co-founder of LinkedIn’s firm, Greylock Partners.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for math and math related majors interested in education technology and helping K-12 educators be happier and more effective teachers.
What You Will Do
- You will work on mission-critical math content tasks at the heart of the product we are building that will save teachers hours of time every week.
- You will be reacting to a teacher’s input to our product in real-time throughout the week. This means you’ll need to be available during defined time periods, most likely in the late afternoon and evening.
- The time commitment for this role is approximately 10 hours per week.
- This is a paid internship.
- You must have complete mastery of middle and high school level math.
- This is a remote position, so you must be able to work from somewhere with a strong internet connection.
What’s Important to Us
We believe that other than parents and socioeconomic conditions, teachers have the most important influence on each generation of children. Yet they are chronically overworked and underappreciated. We want to help make the job of teaching more fulfilling and productive, and we want to work with other people who are excited about this mission.
If this is you, we’d love to hear from you!
Please email your resume and a brief description of why you’re interested in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.