Join the Pax Corps
Bakpax is building a teacher publication to help K-12 teachers learn from their peers. The publication is called Pax Corps, and our goal is to create a place for classroom educators to share strategies, experiences, and examples that have shaped them into happier and more effective teachers.
We are seeking, and able to pay, K-12 teachers to author helpful articles on the following topics, among others:
- Time management
- Lesson planning
- Classroom Management
- Communicating with Parents
- Technology in the classroom
The articles must be about your personal teaching experience, and include real world examples. You will receive an author page with your teaching bio, links to your social accounts, and website, along with the articles you publish. Here are some examples of articles and author pages from teachers who have already contributed:
- Lisa Gumina, a High School Director of Teaching and Learning, wrote: "Prelude to a Meaningful Class Start"
- Gerard Dawson, a High School English and Journalism teacher, wrote: "Fix These Teacher Time Traps to Take Back Your Evenings"
- Malcolm Gilbert, EVP of his districts Federation of Teachers, and Freshman Choir Teacher, wrote: "How to Choose the Road to Longevity Over the Pathway to Teacher Burnout"
- Kyleen Gray, Literacy Program Leader teaching English for 14 years, wrote: "10 Anti-Hacks to Slowly Improve Teacher Wellness"
- Theresa Dixon, a High School English teacher in Wisconsin, wrote: "A Path to 92% Literacy Improvement Through Personalized Learning"
- Sloane Merdinger, a 7th-12th grade biology and chemistry teacher, wrote: "5 Reasons to Start Audio-Recording Your Classroom Conversation, Today"
We are looking for pieces to be around 1,000 words, and we will provide feedback on how to make the article as helpful as possible, so you should be ok with making a couple rounds of edits.
Will you join the Pax Corps?
If you're interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org a link to either your LinkedIn profile or your faculty page on your school's website, a writing sample, and some ideas of what you would like to write about. Please include "Pax Corps" in the email subject line.
We're excited to hear from you!