We are seeking a part-time teacher support specialist, a.k.a. a Bakpax Teacher Helper to join our team.
What is Bakpax?
Bakpax uses AI to read handwriting and autograde assignments. We save teachers time grading, and give students instant feedback to increase their engagement. We can convert teachers’ handwritten content to formatted digital text that can be edited and shared with other teachers.
Who are you?
You are interested in making education better. You want to spend your time working towards something valuable. You thrive in fast-paced, small-team environments. You have a positive, can-do attitude.
What will you do?
- Provide support to our customers via live chat and email support.
- Your duties may also include the occasional video calls to demo the product.
- Work with our engineers to resolve any product issues that come up via support, relaying the most important information to our customers with clarity and precision.
- Help maintain our help articles and video tutorials on an ongoing basis, based on customer interaction via support.
- Work with our online payment solution, Stripe, to give trial extensions, discounts, and refunds as necessary.
Traits or skills that are useful in this job:
- Able to work evenings and/or weekends
- Compassionate and empathetic.
- Creative problem solver
- Friendly, optimistic, and upbeat
- A fast learner
- Taught in a classroom
- Prior customer support experience an asset
- Experience with help-desk software like HelpScout and/or payment software like Stripe
More about the job:
- This role pays $10/hour.
- This is a part-time role and you must be able to work a combination of mornings and/or evenings and/or weekends, Eastern Time.
- Remote – we work remotely. This is nice, and, like anything, has its drawbacks. We’re committed to helping each other work remotely while building a strong culture.
- This is an entry-level position. As Bakpax grows, there will be room for professional growth for you as well. At times, you may work on other kinds of projects in addition to your Customer Support responsibilities.
To apply please email your resume and a brief paragraph about why you want to be a Bakpax Teacher Helper to email@example.com.